Our law office building was built in about 1900. It is located on a portion of the historic street formerly known as Cotton Avenue.
The building was for many years used as a plumbing company. Later it housed a hair salon downstairs and a veteran’s organization upstairs.
Phillip M. Walden, the founder of Capricorn Records, purchased the building in 1975. He extensively remodeled the interior for use as a corporate office.
Many of Macon’s most famous musicians such as the Allman Brothers Band, Little Richard, Otis Redding, and the Marshall Tucker Band met with Phil Walden in his upstairs office. What was probably one of the first hot tubs in Macon is located in the law firm file room. It is now used to store files, but if it could talk, the hot tub stories would be very interesting!
In 1986, the office building formerly owned by Capricorn Recording Studios was purchased by Bush Crowley and Leverett.